Fargo [FX]

• Dieses Thema ist leer.
Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 46)
  • Autor
    Roland Deschain
    Mitglied
    Quote:
    Fans of the 1996 Coen Brothers’ classic Fargo may be interested to know that FX is looking at the property for translation into a TV series. While reports indicate that the talks between the network and MGM Television are in their infancy, MGM is on the lookout for opportunities to turn their extensive list of properties (for example, Teen Wolf) into programs for the small screen. Variety reports that there is no certainty of a deal at this time and it is unclear whether or not the interested parties have a scribe in mind to recreate the Coen Brothers’ black humor that worked well enough to earn them an Oscar the first time around.

FARGO Series

Stampede
    Mitglied

Also rein von der Umgebung und vom Menschenschlag kann ich mir das schon gut als Serie vorstellen.
    Von der Handlung aber gar nicht #hm# Vor allem nicht, wie man das an den Film anlehnen will #hm#

floppy
    Mitglied

Film kenne ich nicht aber klingt sonst eigentlich ganz gut und FX natürlich auch. Ist mal vorgemerkt.

Anonym
    Gast

Stampede hat es gesagt, von den Charakteren her kann man es sicher aufziehen, die Handlung hingegen ist kein Serienstoff, da muss man sich was Neues einfallen lassen. Und dann wird das alles noch im Filmschatten stehen, bin mal gespannt – aber FX traue ich Gutes zu. Mal gucken.

Anonym
    Gast

Joel and Ethan Coen are bringing one of their signatures movies to television. FX has closed a deal to develop Fargo, an hourlong project loosely based on the Coen brothers’ 1996 comedic crime drama. The Coens will serve as executive producers on the project, which will be written/executive produced by The Unusuals and My Generation creator Noah Hawley.

The Fargo movie starred Frances McDormand as a pregnant Minnesota police chief who follows the trail of two bumbling criminals (Steve Buscemi and Peter Stormare) hired by a car salesman (William H. Macy) to kidnap his wife.

Deadline

Roland Deschain
    Mitglied
    Stampede
    Mitglied

Themen zusammengeführt

Anonym
    Gast

Wan wird das Klasse. Da kann gar nichts schief gehen!

Sam Crow
    Mitglied

The last we heard from the Fargo project was this fall, when the drama was tentatively scheduled for FX. Now, the network has picked Fargo up as its first-ever limited series. Fargo will air in a 10-episode arc and will follow a new cast and some new characters with the same setting and tone as the popular film of the same name. Noah Hawley is penning the project and will executive produces and the Cohen brothers are also on board to executive produce, alongside Warren Littlefield. FX is moving to produce more limited series, so Fargo should be the first of many similar projects to get airtime.

(cinemablend)

Scheiße. #sad#

Stampede
    Mitglied

Was ist denn mit „limited series“ gemeint? :-? Nur eine Staffel?

Sam Crow
    Mitglied

Jupp. 10 Folgen.

Anonym
    Gast

Find ich doch ganz gut, dass man das limitiert.

Sam Crow
    Mitglied

Sie hätten es auf 0 Folgen limitieren sollen.

Roland Deschain
    Mitglied

limited series – das muss man fördern.

Sam Crow
    Mitglied

Question: With Fargo, is Billy Bob Thornton playing the William H. Macy character from the movie, and is there a female sheriff character?

JOHN LANDGRAF: There is no William H. Macy character. There are no characters in the limited series Fargo that are derived from the characters in the film Fargo. It’s hard to describe how remarkably true to the film the show is. When Joel and Ethan Coen actually saw the script, they said, “Well, we don’t really know how to give notes, so can we rewrite it?” And we were like, “Well, yeah, sure. We’d be happy to have you.” And then, they sent back half a dozen pages with just a few dialogue suggestions. They really thought Noah Hawley had nailed the tone of the show. There is a female cop, but she’s not a sheriff. She’s a young deputy. She’s in her early 20s, and so she’s not really the character from Fargo. All I can tell you is that I think people are just going to be really entranced with that show. I think it’s going to be extraordinary. He’s just managed, somehow, to invent a new version of Fargo that is really its own thing, but also is true to the spirit of the original.

So, will there not be a second season of Fargo?

LANDGRAF: The story of Fargo ends at the end at the tenth episode of Fargo. Those characters won’t continue. Just like American Horror Story, the characters don’t continue from one season to the next.

Then, further seasons are possible?

LANDGRAF: I guess that’s conceivable. It would have to be a whole new story, in the tone and vernacular of Fargo, but not those characters because it’s a fully satisfying, closed-ended story. I really am excited about the innovation of American Horror Story. It’s an exciting forum. I don’t know if Fargo will go down that path. If it’s as good as I think is, then it would be exciting for me, if it went down that path.

FX CEO John Landgraf Talks FARGO Limited Series and Guillermo del Toro’s THE STRAIN | Collider

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 46)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.